• 1 pound ground beef
• 1 pound mild Italian sausage, casings removed if necessary
• 15 lasagna noodles
• 2 cup s shredded Parmesan cheese
• 2 medium yellow onions, diced
• 2 pound s whole milk ricotta cheese
• 2 tbs chopped garlic
• 2 tbs Italian seasoning
• 2 tsp ground black pepper
• 2 tsp kosher salt
• 26 ounce s marinara sauce
• 28 ounce s diced tomatoes
• 4 cup s shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Heat large covered saucepot of salted water to boiling over high heat. Add noodles and cook as label directs; rinse noodles under cold water and drain.
2. Meanwhile, heat large saucepot over medium-high heat. Add ground beef and sausage, and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until browned.
3. Add onions and garlic, and cook 4 minutes or until onions are soft. Add tomatoes, marinara sauce, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Heat to simmering and cook 10 minutes. In large bowl, combine ricotta cheese, 3 cups mozzarella cheese and 1-3/4 cups Parmesan cheese.
4. Spray 13 x 9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Spread 2 cups sauce into bottom of baking dish. Place 3 noodles over sauce, top with 1/5 of the sauce. Repeat 4 more layers of noodles, cheese mixture and sauce; top with remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
5. Cover with foil; bake 45 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand 20 minutes before cutting.
Calories - 667
Total Fat - 41g
Saturated Fat - 21g
Cholesterol - 127mg
Sodium - 1239mg
Carbohydrate - 37g
Fiber - 3g
Protein - 39g